Number 10 pulls its advert for Liebour

! This post hasn't been updated in over a year and I've changed my opinions on many things over the years. Deleting things I wrote years ago would be like ripping pages out of a diary so I'm not going to do it despite the fact that some stuff I've written in the past will probably be used against me during elections by UKIP hating fascists. You should read this bearing in mind that what I thought in the past might not be what I think now.

After posting this yesterday I sent a shitty email to the webmaster of the pm.gov.uk website giving them until 10am today to remove the link to the Liebour website or I would complain to the Civil Service Commissioner and contact the press.

They got an extra couple of hours because I was busy but no email was forthcoming so I phoned the Ethics department at the Cabinet Office and had a whinge.  The man at the Cabinet Office (Mr Brown but apparently no relation) clicked the link, read the strap line “Vote Labour on Thursday 1 May” and said “hmmmm”.  Then he asked for a copy of the email which I duly sent this evening asking for an update by noon tomorrow and informing him that I hadn’t contacted the press yet but would do so if it wasn’t sorted soon.

Mr Greer is on the ball and has noticed that the link has now been removed.  I don’t know how many other complaints they’ve had but this certainly looks like a case of blogger power!

Technorati Technorati Tags: , ,

7 comments

1. Andi (82 comments) says:

Well done that man! It’s one small victory, but all it takes to start an avalanche are a few small, falling pebbles…

2. wonkotsane (1115 comments) says:

Yep, it’s a small victory but an important one. To be honest, one of the other parties could argue that this has prejudiced the whole election. I wasn’t the only one that complained though, Shane Greer put the first one in.

3. Dark Heretic (15 comments) says:

Congratulations, one small step for bloggers and one big mess for Government.

4. wonkotsane (1115 comments) says:

I didn’t get a response today so I phoned to chase it up twice. The last time I mentioned that Guido had picked up on the story and that it was much better they were dealing with me than him. She groaned and laughed and said someone would phone me back this evening or tomorrow at the latest.

5. axel (1214 comments) says:

It has made the BBC news @ 11:20, still not on the web yet )

6. wonkotsane (1115 comments) says:

What did they say Axel?

7. axel (1214 comments) says:

Someting about inappropriate use of resources. It was the civil service watchdog that pointed it out and it said there would be an investigation, ho hum, but both Gordo and the home secretary had ammended their statements