I’ve just fired off the following email to Telford & Wrekin Council (my local authority) regarding Al Gore’s climate change propaganda film being shown in schools after reading this list of judgements by a High Court judge:
I see that Al Gore’s film on Climate Change is set to enter the curriculum in English schools despite a High Court Judge ruling that the film is politically motivated and inaccurate.It is an offence to use politically motivated and inaccurate material (better known as “propaganda”) to teach children in English schools.The offence is under section 406 of the Education Act 1996 which makes political indoctrination illegal.
The following bullet points detail some of the judge’s findings:
- The film claims that melting snows on Mount Kilimanjaro evidence global warming.
The Government’s expert was forced to concede that this is not correct.
- The film suggests that evidence from ice cores proves that rising CO2 causes temperature increases over 650,000 years.
The Court found that the film was misleading: over that period the rises in CO2 lagged behind the temperature rises by 800-2000 years.
- The film uses emotive images of Hurricane Katrina and suggests that this has been caused by global warming.
The Government’s expert had to accept that it was “not possible” to attribute one-off events to global warming.
- The film shows the drying up of Lake Chad and claims that this was caused by global warming.
The Government’s expert had to accept that this was not the case.
- The film claims that a study showed that polar bears had drowned due to disappearing arctic ice.
It turned out that Mr Gore had misread the study: in fact four polar bears drowned and this was because of a particularly violent storm.
- The film threatens that global warming could stop the Gulf Stream throwing Europe into an ice age:
The Claimant’s evidence was that this was a scientific impossibility.
- The film blames global warming for species losses including coral reef bleaching.
The Government could not find any evidence to support this claim.
- The film suggests that the Greenland ice covering could melt causing sea levels to rise dangerously.
The evidence is that Greenland will not melt for millennia.
- The film suggests that the Antarctic ice covering is melting,
The evidence was that it is in fact increasing.
- The film suggests that sea levels could rise by 7m causing the displacement of millions of people.
In fact the evidence is that sea levels are expected to rise by about 40cm over the next hundred years and that there is no such threat of massive migration.
- The film claims that rising sea levels has caused the evacuation of certain Pacific islands to New Zealand.
The Government are unable to substantiate this and the Court observed that this appears to be a false claim.
The film is essentially a work of fiction.It is little more than politically motivated propaganda used to justify punitive taxation to plug funding gaps in the treasuries of most developed nations.The High Court has judged that the film is politically motivated and biased and as such I feel that it is inappropriate and unlawful to show this film in a school.As such, I would be obliged if you could confirm that this piece of propaganda will not be shown in any schools in the borough.If any of my children are exposed to this political indoctrination I will seek prosecution.
I suggest that every other concerned parent does the same to prevent the gobal warming scam being taught to our children as fact when it is, in reality, a politically motivated, biased set of vague and unscientific assumptions.