UKIP has launched a petition calling for a referendum on our continued membership of the European Empire.
Ignoring the fact that the petition says Great Britain when it should say United Kingdom (another of my pet hates!) it’s one worth signing. This petition is going to be a big one, a lot of resources are being put into it.
The mild irritation caused by the British government and the European Empire calling the EU “Europe” finally reached tipping point the other day.
Europe Minister? No, EU Minister. European Commission? No, EU Commission. European Parliament? No, EU Parliament. European president? No, EU president.
The Europe Minister isn’t responsible for British government policy for the whole of Europe, just for the EU. The European Parliament isn’t a parliament for the whole of Europe, just the EU.
This irritating conflation of “Europe” and “EU” has prompted the first Bloggers4UKIP Number 10 petition: stop referring to the EU as “Europe”.
Other petitions that may be of interest …
- Stop wasting taxpayer’s money on climate change propaganda designed to frighten our children
- Stop any further payment of taxpayers money to the EU until such time as the auditors are prepared to sign off the EU accounts
- Resist the proposed changes from the EU in relation to Recreational Sea Angling
- Allow an immediate vote of no confidence in the UK government
- Reinstate the Treason Act abolished by Tony Blair