Mutton Jeff

! This post was written some time ago. I don't delete old posts but bear in mind that a lot can change in a year or more, including my opinions (and the amount of naughty words I use).
Mad Hamish

6 comments

1. icypurplepants (13 comments) says:

At last – a subject I feel qualified to comment on! -)

I know how you feel, I was ‘prescribed’ hearing aids at 31 – otosclerosis – so you’re not alone… Took me a long time before I’d wear them in public. Needless to say the NHS ones are some way behind what you can get privately (at huge expense). I got my latest ones at Specsavers (Phonak) and the difference in clarity etc is astounding!

Your ailment will determine whether you get in-the-ear or behind-the-ear…anyway, I digress

Good luck!

2. CherryPie (67 comments) says:

Glasses are for old people too!

I have had to wear them since I was 6…

Perhaps we are all old crocks from our teenage years onwards. I am just glad it is possible to compensate for our minor health issues.

3. Daggs (55 comments) says:

My hearing deteriorated in my forties and i succumbed to an aid by my early fifties.
    It’s a bloody nuisance in many ways, but life is easier with, rather than without.
    Since i became hearing impaired i find the stigma attached to using aids very offensive. A stigma that is not attached to wearing glasses. In fact these can be considered fashion items!
    It’s not only old people who need them (though i agree it’s the majority)Other people have them through injury or accident. In my own case, because of ‘noise induced hearing damage’ following years of working in factories.
    I wish everyone who has ‘normal’ hearing could experience one day of impaired hearing. They wouldn’t find it so funny then!

4. Stan (222 comments) says:

I knew that millionaire playboy lifestyle would get you in the end.

5. axel (1214 comments) says:

it could be have been worse, you couild have been diagnosed as being Scottish

6. Alex (6 comments) says: